Success is a contribution. It's a shared responsibility.

Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 by Patrick YC Lim
The key to success is not to do everything yourself. It is a shared responsibility.

The real measure of success is how well you are able to sell the dream of success to others so they can aspire for greater heghts. The ability to give hope that they can be better than what they are today. The ability to help them to go way pass mediocrity.

To me this will be my greatest contribution in life. It is not just about making money. It's about building a society that is able to generate prosperity, friendship and knowledge.

When I pass on, it is not the money or wealth that I have made in this lifetime.
But it is the friendship that I've come to value and the knowledge and experience that I have gone through in this journey (the ups and the downs).

It's about the impact - large and small - that I have helped in one way or another in the life of someone, that he or she is better than what they were before they met me. They don't even need to remember me. (But it would be nice if they did!)

Success to me is not what I have achieved but it is what I can contribute with what I've achieved.

I sincerely hope you can do your part to make this world a better place, and enjoy prosperity, friendship and knowledge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]